Sell to China
Outsourced Sales, Marketing & Customer Service in China
Virtual Office offers instant infrastructure for trade facilitation, currency conversion, tax benefits & firewall protection
PassageMaker has been selling products in China since 1998! Clients can leverage our first-rate infrastructure in Mainland China (China-savvy Western management, SOP’s, Business templates, Multi-currency bank accounts, Domestic sales approvals & import-export licensing) while our Hong Kong office can to serve as “your virtual Hong Kong Office” allowing you to enjoy HK’s very business-friendly tax structure!
- Facilitate purchase of your products from your appointed suppliers for resale in China to your customers, or directly to your customers.
- Take payments in RMB and issue official ‘fapiao’ (receipts) to local suppliers and customers through our licensed companies.
- Transfer the profits (minus service fees and taxes) to you either in China, Hong Kong, or abroad, or keep them on hand in China to pay local suppliers if you wish.
Here’s How We Do It
Once the client has hired PassageMaker for the Virtual Office service, sales facilitation can be arranged as follows:
- Product will be sold to Client’s designated China customers at the designated sale price. The mode of delivery can range from drop shipping a few units to organizing entire truck loads.
- PassageMaker will collect sales revenue from client’s China-based Buyer and can issue an official VAT receipt to that Buyer.
- PassageMaker will return sales revenue minus agreed PassageMaker service fee to Client. If Client requests, revenue resulting from sale of product may remain in PassageMaker’s account for use to purchase additional product from Client’s suppliers in China or overseas.
The virtual office can be structured to provide the following solutions:
- Payment Facilitation
- Document Development & Implementation (price lists, PO’s, invoices, shipping documents) between Suppliers, PassageMaker and Client’s China customers.
- Legal (coordinating contracts among the various parties and registering/monitoring IP )
- Government Relations
- Product Registration & Compliance
What isn’t included:
- PassageMaker does not provide supply chain financing or bear exposure to potential default on payments made between Client’s suppliers, Client and Client’s buyers.
- Responsibility for Product Liability and Product Recall does not extend to PassageMaker when facilitating the delivery of Client’s products to Client’s buyers in China.
Typical tasks that can be assigned to your team in your Virtual Sales office:
Once the client has engaged PassageMaker to set up the Virtual Office, the team members (or an approved 3rd party) can be assigned the following essential initial tasks:
Market Feasibility Study (MFS)
Conducted to clarify the following items:
- market potential
- import duties
- product registration process
- local language labeling requirements
- pricing strategies, tax issues and terms of trade
- intellectual property plan to protect trademarks and design concepts
- distribution strategy
- identify key trade associations & trade shows
- conduct focus groups
- perform competitor analysis
- research pricing points at a regional or national level among wholesalers, distributors and retailers
- arrange laboratory testing to confirm product is in compliance with local standards.
Pre-engagement of the market
- create product name and brand concept in local language
- register intellectual property (trademarks and design concepts)
- product registration (safety compliance)
- develop local language brochures, websites and sales materials
- recruit technical & non-technical sales staff
- training and coordination of sales staff
- sub-distributor development
- accounts receivable management
- media advertising
- trade show attendance
- coordination of warehousing and logistics