Vendor Coordination Value Proposition
- Dedicated agents on the ground in China ensure that the clients’ requirements for price, quality and lead-time are realized.
- “Educate rather than dictate” – PassageMaker works directly with Chinese and other Asian suppliers on a daily basis to explain our client’s requirements and expectations in detail.
- The direct savings that our customers enjoy with efficient and effective supply chain management far outweighs the costs to retain PassageMaker.
Vendor Coordination Overview
Overview of the tasks of Vendor Coordination in China which are conducted by PassageMaker on behalf of our overseas clients.
Preparation Work on Behalf of Overseas Clients
- Initial meeting with suppliers to ensure PO requirements are understood in full
- Project management reporting structure confirmed and scheduled in local language with the supplier
- Project management reporting structure confirmed and scheduled in the preferred language of the Client
- Coordination of samples (both pre-production and production reference samples)
- Review of key documents (Invoices, PO, Service Agreements) for the order
- On-going coordination between supplier and client to ensure delivery of desired products, units ordered, lead times, packing methods, etc
- Liaison with secondary vendors related to the PO such as client appointed raw material providers, printers & packaging providers
- PassageMaker is available to disperse payment to Chinese suppliers in local currency as part of its vendor coordination duties
- Review and adjustment of factory’s internal quality control system as allowed
- On-going collection and review of the factory’s internal quality control data generated during the production of the client’s PO
- Organizing independent lab testing
- Arranging 3rd party quality inspections on site at supplier’s production facility
- Consultation and coordination of export licensing and China customs clearance
- Logistics support in the form of documentation review and coordination of shippers, and brokers in China and in the client’s home market
- Analysis and advise on applicable China VAT rates and potential rebate process
- PassageMaker’s Assembly / Inspection Center may be utilized if an independent party is needed to inspect/sort/assembly or package client’s goods
- Black Box manufacturing can be arranged to aid in protecting intellectual property in China for our clients