http://www.psschina.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/logo-PassageMaker-China.png 0 0 Mike Bellamy http://www.psschina.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/logo-PassageMaker-China.png Mike Bellamy2010-02-24 22:43:202017-07-06 16:35:52Arrogant Americans need not apply, the decline (?) of the West and what if the Chinese stop buying US paper?
Arrogant Americans need not apply, the decline (?) of the West and what if the Chinese stop buying US paper?
“The enemy always has problems of his own of which you are unaware.” – George C. Marshall
Not that China is necessarily our enemy, but they are certainly a competitor, and I don’t normally borrow money from my competitors. Some interesting articles covering all sides of the USA declining(?) debate and other silliness.
- America On The Rise – I sure hope so, and the author’s demographic points are very valid
- 10 Mega-Themes That Spell The End Of Western Dominance – for a contrary view, if a bit overly pessimistic IMAO
- How America Can Rise Again – a very good overview of our dynamic creative culture and moribund political system – he had me until he started pointing to the Carter Administration as his example – please – but overall a very worthwhile article (hat tip to David Bradley)
- Foreigners cut Treasury stakes; rates could rise – if the US government was spending this borrowed money on upgrading our infrastructure, that would be one thing…
- Foreign demand falls for Treasuries – more detail
- Jitters over China’s waning taste for T-bills – more if you can stand it
- Uncle Sam vs the Dragon – this is a good strategic overview
- Flip-flop diplomacy with the Dalai Lama
- The Global Debt Bomb – interesting interactive report – I feel like I need an aspirin
- China to release pollution-fighting fish in lake – and this is just odd
Sorry nothing more for today, too much catch-up from Chinese New Year.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!