“The enemy always has problems of his own of which you are unaware.” – George C. Marshall
Not that China is necessarily our enemy, but they are certainly a competitor, and I don’t normally borrow money from my competitors. Some interesting articles covering all sides of the USA declining(?) debate and other silliness.
- America On The Rise – I sure hope so, and the author’s demographic points are very valid
- 10 Mega-Themes That Spell The End Of Western Dominance – for a contrary view, if a bit overly pessimistic IMAO
- How America Can Rise Again – a very good overview of our dynamic creative culture and moribund political system – he had me until he started pointing to the Carter Administration as his example – please – but overall a very worthwhile article (hat tip to David Bradley)
- Foreigners cut Treasury stakes; rates could rise – if the US government was spending this borrowed money on upgrading our infrastructure, that would be one thing…
- Foreign demand falls for Treasuries – more detail
- Jitters over China’s waning taste for T-bills – more if you can stand it
- Uncle Sam vs the Dragon – this is a good strategic overview
- Flip-flop diplomacy with the Dalai Lama
- The Global Debt Bomb – interesting interactive report – I feel like I need an aspirin
- China to release pollution-fighting fish in lake – and this is just odd
Sorry nothing more for today, too much catch-up from Chinese New Year.