An informal one-on-one talk about China business adventures
My good friend, and serial entrepreneur, Mike Michelini is the host of the fun, information and informative “Global From Asia” podcast “where the daunting task of running an international business is broken down into straight up, actionable advice”.
For episode 71 of the podcast, we sat down for a 40 minute exchange of China business stories and advice.
Here is the link:
- What brought you out to China in the beginning?
- Today’s topic – China Sourcing Due Diligence Tactics, Can’t think of anyone with more experience than you
- Can you share with us various types of China sourcing – wholesale/ off the shelf, tweaked versions of pre-existing products, and fully customized
- Let’s focus on fully customized today – What are some MOQ amounts normally required to do these?
- What are the other costs many also don’t factor in that are essential
- I remember you mentioning you have worked with some Kickstarter projects and other crowdfunding projects – what is the normal process for these guys – should they start to source from China before they list on Kickstarter, or when funded, prototype? any tips?
- Process of narrowing down the overwhelming list of suppliers in your hunt for the right Chinese factory and supplier relationship?
- Ways to show you are serious buyer to a Chinese manufacturer
- Some “buzzwords” or keywords you should know when talking to a factory- FOB, EXW, etc
- Last tips or things I missed for buyers venturing into China for their procurement