PassageMaker have been manufacturing, exporting, and processing VAT rebate in China for 2 decades. Unlike many local partners who’d turn to yet another local trading company to handle your private affairs without you even knowing, we are US run, but have our own China VAT processing operation.
By working with us to handle your VAT rebate processing, we consult you in plain English, examining and understanding in great detail your exact business position with regards to VAT, your suppliers, products, and company structure.
Most projects follow the following steps:
- Document Review
- Communications with Customs Bureau and Vendors
- Analysis of Findings/ Report Creation
- Delivery of Findings/ Conference Call
What We Do
The following VAT services are incorporated into our Virtual Office and Virtual Factory programs. They can also be offered as stand-alone services in the following forms:
- Contact with relevant authorities to confirm the applicable VAT rebate amount for the given production classification.
- Review of current quotations and terms from client’s vendors in order to advise on VAT strategy.
- Review of client’s PRC based entities’ business license, tax payer status and scope of business in order to advise on efficiency of VAT processing.
- Review of client’s vendor’s business license, tax payer status and scope of business in order to advise on efficiency of China VAT processing.
- Provision of “VAT Strategy Assessment and Suggestions” report in an easy to understand, English language format.
Fee Structure for VAT Consulting
Depending on the complexity of the case, most reports can be delivered after an intense 30 day evaluation of the client’s operations. The associated consulting fees range between 8,000 USD and 30,000 USD for most projects. VAT advisory services are provided free of charge to clients who have engaged PassageMaker for the the virtual office or virtual factory service.
- Facilitate a transparent VAT application and organize the refund in full accordance with local regulations to ensure you’re not overcharged by a 3rd Party or exposed to any unexpected tax liabilities.
- On an ongoing basis, we leverage our own VAT licensing to verify rates with the tax bureau and customs authorities. We do this to keep your suppliers honest about VAT and offer full visibility.
Fee Structure for VAT Processing
Depending on the complexity of the case, a small commission is applied to the value of goods processed by PassageMaker on behalf of the client. In this fashion, the client can build in VAT rebate processing as a cost of goods sold. VAT advisory services are provided at a deep discount to clients who have engaged PassageMaker for the virtual office or virtual factory service.
Put simply, our VAT services allow our clients an affordable and transparent way to get on with their businesses knowing that there’s no funny business going on behind the scenes in China!
Additional VAT Resources
Check out our extensive archive of VAT-related articles written by the staff at PassageMaker.
An insider’s look at costs, tax benefits, transfer pricing, arm’s length pricing and off shoring when using a HK company to buy from China.